Thursday, February 1, 2018

Specialty Certification in Environmental Modification

A Specialty Certification in Environmental Modifications sparks my interest for multiple reasons. Not only would it be great to find equipment to further assist clients in accomplishing their occupations, but it would also guarantee continuous learning because I would have to ensure that I am up to date on the latest adaptive equipment. I feel that this is a great area to be involved in because if a client had a burn accident and had to have fingers amputated, I could find equipment that could enable them to still type on a computer or open bottles and cans. When clients encounter those situations, they typically assume that many of their daily tasks can never be completed independently again. Having the opportunity to show them the different types of adaptive equipment and show them how they can independently accomplish those tasks would be life changing. It could mean equipment as simple as a wheelchair ramp at their homes or even equipment to make pouring a glass of milk easier. I would love seeing how equipment improves and changes over time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mock Interview Reflection

Overall, I feel that my interview went well and smooth. I would give it an 8/10. After watching my video, I th...