Tuesday, February 6, 2018

OT influences in Traumatic Events

Throughout the Era Presentations today, the topic of traumatic events and the roles of OTs in those events was reiterated numerous times. I have never put the role of an OT into that perspective. I realized that OTs not only provide physical rehabilitation, but just as much mental rehabilitation as well. Occupational therapists go above and beyond what is expected of them during discouraging and traumatic times. One group mentioned OTs transitioning victims of 9/11 back into society, while another mentioned an OT taking her client shopping. For an OT to go out of their facility to encourage and promote the well being of a client is absolutely amazing. These OTs set the standard for the type of OT I aspire to be one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mock Interview Reflection

Overall, I feel that my interview went well and smooth. I would give it an 8/10. After watching my video, I th...